Planting Crew Supervisor
As our new planting Team Leader, your goal is to master the multi-tasking required to create beautiful seasonal displays and install beautiful gardens. You’ll lead a team of planting techs to ensure each project is completed in true Christine’s Touch Gardening fashion.
You’ll be great at this role because you’re attentive and meticulous. When there’s room to improve something, you communicate proactively with your team, clients and business owners, to ensure every client is totally delighted with their garden.
Leaders that belong on our team have innate intelligence, great people and organizational skills, and thrive on improvising to get the job done. You inspire and model professionalism and quality work for your team. You know what tools and training they need to perform their best. You take pride in knowing that your team enjoys coming to work each day and that your support is a big reason why.
Working at Christine’s Touch
Ask our team what it’s like to work here and they will tell you:
- We believe in people – you’ll have autonomy to run your route, make decisions, and solve problems. You’ll use your intelligence and your creativity. From us, you’ll get respect, support and care.
- We’re professional and organized – it’s easy to do a great job when the basics of schedule, route, and administration run like clockwork. You’ll spend time on the tasks that matter.
- We care about the well-being of our team members – we create a healthy and safe work environment. Vehicles and tools in great repair; daily safety checks. Together we ensure everyone goes home safe and sound.
We’re hoping to make full-time, seasonal hires. The season runs March to December. Many of our staff take January and February to travel and rest.
Our wages are competitive, with flexibility for seasoned candidates. On top of a fair wage ($18 base rate – $30 leader), we offer:
- Employees receive monthly contributions to a Health Savings Account after 3 months of employment. Eligible medical expenses including paramedical (chiropractor, RMT, etc.), dental, and prescription drug costs can be reimbursed from this account.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program, a 24-hour, anonymous call line that offers advice and can refer callers to funded services such as counseling.
- Paid travel time between yard and job sites.
- Discounts at Mark’s Work Warehouse and a subsidized uniform.
- And the fridge is always stocked with ice-cold Gatorade, Freezies, and water to keep you cool and hydrated!
The most essential qualification is physical fitness and strength. It’s a physically demanding role. In addition, these qualifications will help you stand out:
- Experience in garden installations and container arrangements
- Experience as a supervisor of people and teams
- Any formal or informal education/training in horticulture is an asset
- G driver’s license and experience driving commercial vehicles preferred
If this sounds like you, click the following link to submit your resume:
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know in your application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.